Vidyanjali Yojana – The Central Government in coordination with the Human Resource Development Ministry (MHRD) had implemented a scheme named Vidyanjali Yojana, a school volunteer programme on 16th June. The main motive of MHRD behind launching this scheme is to enhance the involvement of community and the private sector in Government run elementary schools. This scheme has been launched Central Government’s another ambitious campaign i.e. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan.
Under the Vidyanjali Yojana, the people from the Indian Diaspora retired teachers, retired government officials including retired defense personnel, retired professionals and women who are homemakers are provided an opportunity to volunteer at a school that requests for one.
Vidyanjali Volunteer Programme registration
HRD Ministry has chosen more than 2200 schools in 21 states throughout the nation where volunteers will be invited to serve and educate children.
Eligibility Criteria for Schools
All the interested schools which are willing to participate in the pilot programme must fulfill the following criteria –
- Schools must have a full-time Head Teacher for the school.
- Schools must have at least one female teacher in the entire school if it is a girls’ school or a co-ed school.
- Schools must have an internet connectivity.
- Schools must have a safe and secure school building with functional toilets.
- Schools must have a PTR as per the RTE norms.
Work for Volunteers in Schools
Here is the list of the tasks or activities which the volunteers have to do –
- Reading to children.
- Helping children with creative writing.
- Public speaking.
- Play acting.
- Preparing story books with children.
- Model making.
- Counseling for academics and life-skills.
- Music and dance.
Eligibility Criteria for Volunteers Under Vidyanjali Yojana
- All the interested people who want to become a volunteer under this scheme must fulfill the below-mentioned criteria-
- Applicant must be an Indian citizen (retired Professionals, retired government official including retired defense personnel, working professional or homemaker)
- A foreign national of Indian origin. Foreign nationals of Indian origin must ensure that they have an OCI card.
- Retired professionals, working or self- employed professionals with a graduate degree.
- Homemakers must be at least high school pass.
- Persons from the Indian Diaspora – The age must be minimum 18 years and must have completed schooling (equivalent to class 12)
How to Apply for Vidyanjali Yojana
Here are the completed detailed steps to apply for the Volunteer Programme under Vidyanjali Scheme.
- First of all, Log in / Sign up to mygov.in portal by filling up the required details.
- Select the school in your district/area
- You can also download the MyGov MOVE app from the Google Play Store and apply for the volunteer programme.
Selection Process for Vidyanjali Yojana
The concerned Block Education Officer (BEO) will review the applicaton received by the applicants and will consult with the concerned Head Teacher of the school. After that they will give permission for the Volunteer.