Vidya Lakshmi Portal Education Loan Application
Union Finance Minister Mr. Arun Jaitley has announced Pradhan Mantri Vidya Lakshmi Portal on 15 August, 2015. This is a complete portal for all students to access educated related information such as education loan as well as government scholarships. It is a single window electronic platform for applying loan or scholarship and monitor process. To insure that no student will be misses the higher education for lacks of funds. The portal has been developed, designed and maintained by the NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited. Her student can apply, track the education loan application and view the current running scheme.
The portal is working under the guidance of Department of Financial Service (Ministry of Finance), Department of Higher Education (Ministry of Human Resource Development) and Indian Bank Association (IBA).
As you know India is youngest country in the world about 54percent of our population is below 25 years of age. Youth needs to educationand employment for the jobs in this centuary. Now only five percent of ourpopulation is employable and stay employable. With a aim to enable all poor and middle class student to pursue highereducation through Pradhan Mantri Vidya Lakshmi portal.
Objective of Vidya Lakshmi Portal
The main objective of the scheme is providing single platform to view Scholarship schemes or education loan, applying and tracking the application in a single window. Government aims to no students have to trouble in pursuing higher education due to lack of money.
Benefits of Vidya Lakshmi Portal
- Students get information about the scholarship schemes and education loan
- Available common education loan application form
- Student can check the loan application status from anywhere at any time
- Here student can also send their query and get solution related the education loan
- Available bank all bank loan processing status
- Available student loan application to download
How to apply for loan
go to the official website
- Register yourself on the portal
- Login to Vidya Lakshmi portal
- Fill-up the Common Education Loan Application Form (CELAF) by providing all the necessary details.
- After filling the form, the applicant can search for Educational Loan and APPLY as per his/her needs, eligibility and convenience.
Registered Bank Under Vidya Lakshmi Portal
- Bank of India
- Canara Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab and Sindh Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Central Bank of India
- Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Vijaya Bank
- Punjab and Sind Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Andhra Bank
- Federal Bank
- HDFC Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Axis Bank
- UCO Bank
- Indian Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Indian Overseas Bank
- RBL Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Abhyudaya Co-operative Bank Limited
- DNS bank
- Karur Vysya Bank
- Tamilnad Mercantile Bank Ltd
There are total 30 banks you can apply one of those.
For more Details contact
Head Office Address – Times Tower, 1st Floor, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013
Tel – (022) 4090 4242 Ext: 3383
Fax – (022) 2491 5217