The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) launched a project ‘UDAAN’. CBSE has launched this program under the guidance of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), to address the low enrollment of girl students in prestigious engineering institutions and the teaching gap between school education & engineering entrance examination.
The effort is to enrich the teaching & learning of Science and Mathematics at School level by addressing the three dimensions of education – curriculum design, transaction and assessments.
Objectives of UDAAN
- UDAAN is a platform that empowers the girl students
- It facilitates their aspiration of joining the prestigious engineering institutions and take an important role in development/ progress of the country in future.
- Under this program, students are provided free offline/online resources through virtual weekend contact classes and study material on the pre-loaded tablet while studying in Class XI and Class XII for the preparation of admission test to various premier engineering colleges in the country.
Read More: List of Narender Modi (Indian Government) Government Schemes
Features of UDAAN
- Free of cost support to Girl students of Classes XI and XII to prepare for engineering entrance examination
- Availability of tutorials, videos and study material
- Organization of Virtual contact classes at 60 designated city centers
- Pre-loaded Tablet to facilitate learning beyond classroom
- Orientation Session on using technology to all selected students
- Assessments designed to provide useful feedback on learning
- Remedial steps to correct learning
- Peer learning and mentoring opportunities for meritorious students
- Motivation sessions with students/parents
- Student helpline services to clarify doubts, monitor student learning and support technology
- Constant monitoring and tracking of student progress with feedback
- The program is open to Indian citizens residing in India only.
- All girl students studying in classes XI only from KVs/ NVs/ Government Schools of any recognized Board/ CBSE affiliated private schools in India are eligible to apply based on criteria given above.
- The selection of the students will be based on merit and will be considered against the city chosen by the candidate for the weekly virtual contact classes.
- Girl students enrolled in Class XI in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) stream.
- Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics, for Boards which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics.
- Reservation as per JEE (Advanced), OBC (NCL) – 27 %, SC – 15 %, ST -7.5 %, PWD – 3 % of seats in every category.
- The annual family income should be less than 6 lakhs per annum.
Online Registration Procedure
Step to follow for Candidates
- Fill Application Form
- Upload Photograph
- Print Application
- Download Declaration
Candidates are required to submit printed online application form along with documents for verification at one of the centers chosen by the candidate.
e-mail – email@example.com
Call – 011-23214737