Swachh Dhan Abhiyan – In order to track the black money, the central government has started the Swachh Dhan Abhiyan. Under this campaign, names of such 18 lakh people have been identified through software, whose earnings and deposits in their accounts do not match. Now all these people have to give their excuse for it in tax department within 10 days.
Swachh Dhan Abhiyan
The government has made online verification software on Demonetization and this software has been named Swachh Dhan Abhiyan. CBDT has created Swachh Dhan Abhiyan software. This software contains names of 18 lakh taxpayers and their accounts have been found to be disturbances. The deposits in these accounts do not match their profiles. There is a huge difference in the amount of deposits and income received in the accounts.
Therefore, the names of 18 lakh such people are included in this list. They have to give their reply about it in the Swachh Dhan Abhiyan within 10 days. Such people can give their answers online to the tax department. If you do not respond within 10 days, then the notice will be sent against you.
How to Check Your Name in List
- By visiting the specific software that the Income Tax department has created, you can check for your name in the list. Here are the simple steps –
- Firstly, visit the official website i.e. https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- After that, log in to the portal.
- Now, visit the Compliance Section and click on Cash Transaction 2016 option.
- Now, you can check for your name in the list.
E-mails and MMSs will be sent to the taxpayers to submit online response on e-filing portal.
A detailed user guide and a quick reference guide are available on the portal to help the taxpayers to present online responses. If there is any difficulty in submitting online responses then you can also contact the Helpdesk by calling the Helpline Number- 1800 4250 0025.