Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana – Smart Village Development Programme
Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana: is another most ambitious scheme of Central government schemes such as PMAY Rural/Urban- Housing For All and Adarsh Gram Yojana etc. This scheme was launched on the birth anniversary of Jayaprakash Narayan, on 11th October 2014 with an aim to develop villages which include social development, cultural development, and spread motivation among the people on the social mobilization of the village community.
The main aim of our Hon’ble PM is to cover up 2,500 villages by the Year 2019 under this scheme. One of the specific and distinct features of this scheme, as the name of the scheme shows, is that here each Member of Parliament (MP ) will take up the responsibility of providing infrastructure and developing three villages by 2019. There are about 800 MPs across the nation, therefore if each MP will adopt three villages and take the responsibility of the development of the villages then nearly 2,500 villages will be automatically developed by the year 2019. The State Governments should also create schemes in the same manner and more villages can be covered under this program.
The Main Objective of Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
The main objective is to develop all the villages which need development by providing them all the basic facilities such as electricity supply, water supply, education, social education, health programs, employment programs etc. so that the residents of these villages can develop its self and by the development of the villages our country will also develop at international level.
– improved basic amenities
– higher productivity
– enhanced human development
– better livelihood opportunities
– access to rights and entitlements
– enriched social capital
The Plan of the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana was initiated to bring the member of parliament of all the political parties under the same umbrella while taking the responsibility of developing physical and institutional infrastructure in villages and turn them into model villages.
Under this scheme, the Members of Parliament have to select 3 villages except for their own village or their in-laws village and fix parameters and make them model villages by the time the next general elections come along in 2019, and thereafter, set themselves ten-year-long village or rural improvement projects.
Villages will be provided smart schools, universal access to basic health facilities and Pucca housing to homeless villagers.
Features of the Scheme:
– All the undeveloped villages will be developed by this scheme and transformed into Model Villages.
– This scheme will provide
- Safe Water Supply
- Proper Electricity Supply
- Proper Education System
- Broadband connectivity including CCTVs in public areas.
- Smart schools with IT-enabled classrooms, e-libraries and web-based teaching
- New Schemes and scholarship programs for the students to encourage them.
- Concrete Houses
- Basic health care facilities to all with the health card, medical examination, and total immunization and much more.
– This program will ensure the provision of Aadhaar cards to all villagers.
– SAGY will also provide insurance schemes like Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana and universal access to the Public Distribution System to eligible families for social security, old-age, disability and widow pensions.
– Funds from existing schemes, such as the Indira Awas Yojana, Pradhan Mantri – Gram Sadak Yojana, Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, and Backward Regions Grant Fund, etc.,
– The Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS),
– The gram panchayat’s own revenue,
– Central and State Finance Commission Grants, and
– Corporate Social Responsibility funds.