Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana West Bengal Dharmendra Pradhan, the Petroleum & Natural Gas Minister launched central government’s ambitious and welfare scheme named ‘Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana‘ in West Bengal.
What is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana West Bengal
PM Ujjwala Yojana was firstly launched in Ballia, Uttar Pradesh on 1st May 2016. Under this scheme, the central government distributes free LPG gas connection to the women belongs to BPL (Below Poverty Line) Families. This scheme provide a positive impact on the lives of women from BPL families in a major way by reducing the drudgery of cooking with polluting fuels, reducing indoor pollution and other health related problems being faced by women in the state.
Under this ambitious program, the West Bengal Stat Government sanctioned about 19.5 lakh LPG connections to BPL women in the state.
The main motto of this scheme is to distribute free LPG connections to 5 Crore BPL households across the nation. The main aim of this scheme is to provide a smoke-free and healthy environment to the women across the nation. In this modern age, many women across the country still continue to face the adverse health effect by inhaling smoke emitted from burning firewood.
Read More: हिंदी में पढ़ें (प्रधानमंत्री उज्ज्वला योजना पश्चिम बंगाल)
Benefits of The Scheme
- West Bengal government provide free LPG connection to the women who belongs to below poverty line(BPL) Families
- Benefits of smoke-free and healthy environment during cooking for women from BPL families
- Applicant should be resident of West Bengal
- Applicant should be women who belong to below poverty line (BPL) family
- Aadhaar card
- BPL card
- Blue ration card
- Passport size photos
- Bank account details
- BPL ration card
- Applicant should visit regional collector office in West Bengal
- Applicant also visit gram panchayat in related Taluka/district