National Pension Scheme Apply Online Registration Using Aadhar Card or PAN Card Required Documents नेशनल पेंशन स्कीम ऑनलाइन आवेदन करें
National Pension Scheme
Indian Government’s National Pension Scheme (NPS) is an ambitious pension fund scheme. The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) operates this scheme. Under this scheme, all the residents of India are eligible.
In order to open an account under National Pension Scheme, the applicant must have Aadhar Card as it is mandatory for availing the benefits of the scheme. Besides this, t he KYC process for the scheme is done using Aadhaar via OTP authentication by using applicant’s mobile number registered with Aadhaar. All the demographic details and photo are fetched from Aadhaar database.
How to Apply for National Pension Scheme/Procedure for Opening an NPS Account
There are the methods through which the interested and eligible applicants can apply for the scheme i.e. either registering online using Aadhar Card or using PAN Card. You can use any of these methods.
Registration using Aadhaar Card for National Pension Scheme
- Applicant have visit the official website of NPS i.e. https://enps.nsdl.com/eNPS/NationalPensionSystem.html# and click on the Register tab
- An ‘Online Subscriber Registration’ form will appear. Fill in all the details and click on the Generate OTP tab.
- An OTP will be received on your mobile number registered with Aadhaar. Enter that OTP.
- Once validated, your details and photo will automatically appear in the online form. Upload your scanned signature and photograph, in case, you don’t want the Aadhaar picture.
- After uploading the form, you will be diverted to a payment gateway for the initial contribution to your NPS account. The minimum amount is Rs 500, which you can pay either by debit/credit card or Internet banking.
- After making the payment, a Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) will be allotted to you. After which within a few days, you will receive a welcome kit from the PFRDA which will have a PRAN card, IPIN, TPIN and scheme details.
- Take a print of the online form you have filled, affix your photograph on it and sign in the space given for the signature. This form should then be sent to the Central Recordkeeping Agency.
Registration using PAN Card for National Pension Scheme
- Visit the NPS website – https://enps.nsdl.com and click on the Register tab
- An “Online Subscriber Registration” form will pop up. Fill the form and in the “Choose appropriate options” table, select the Permanent Account Number (PAN) button instead of Aadhaar.
- Next, enter your PAN number and select your bank. Click on Continue
- Next, you need to fill up all the mandatory details online and upload your scanned photograph and signature (the file should be in *.jpeg/*.jpg format and should be between 4kb – 12kb size)
- In the final step, you will be diverted to a payment gateway for making the payment towards your NPS account from Internet Banking. Download or take a print out of the Acknowledge Number.
- Note that since your KYC verification will be done by the Bank, a one-time fee of up to a maximum of Rs 125 (plus applicable taxes) will be debited from your Bank account by the Bank as KYC authentication charges.
Registration Procedure for NRI subscriber
- Select Non-Resident of India (NRI) button given under “Choose appropriate options” tab in the “Online Subscriber Registration” form. Here is the link
- You can select the Non-Repatriable account and enter your Passport Number, select country of residence. Then enter Aadhaar Number to generate OTP
- Alternatively, you can choose Repatriable account and select your bank, country of the resident; enter passport number and Aadhaar number to generate OTP.
- Note that if you select Repatriable account option, your KYC verification will be done by the Bank. A one-time fee of up to a maximum of Rs. 125 (plus applicable taxes) will be debited from your Bank account by the Bank as KYC authentication charges.
- Then select the preferred address for communication i.e., Overseas Address or Permanent Address (communication at overseas address would entail extra charges)
Note – After Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) is allotted. You do not need to send any hard copies of any document if you have applied using Aadhar Card but in case you have applied through PAN card then you have to send the hard copies of the documents to the address mentioned below within 90 days.
Central Recordkeeping Agency (eNPS)
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
1st Floor, Times Tower,
Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg,
Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013