Mukhyamantri Smart Gram Yojana – The Jharkhand Government is planning a smart village scheme for the overall development of villages in the state in response to the Central Government’s suggestion. The Jharkhand Govt has launched the ‘Mukhya Mantri Smart Gram Yojana’ to clear the progressive technique of development in the rural areas. The villages under the scheme will be selected on the basis of information technology, renewable energy, agriculture, and e-governance.
Details of Mukhyamantri Smart Gram Yojana
The department wanted to give this fresh scheme a different characteristic from those already existing such as Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana (PMAGY) and Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY). At present, 19 villages are covered under SAGY.
The Jharkhand government has submitted the names of 100 villages be covered under PMAGY, which is presently pending approval. As per the data collated by the Jharkhand government, only 15% of total villagers have toilets compared to 73% of the urban dwellers. The state-level scheme will come at a time when several pointers show a razor-sharp contrast in rural and urban centers of Jharkhand.
Objectives of Mukhyamantri Smart Gram Yojana
• The main motto of the scheme is to make available Modern Facilities for villagers to be a good lifestyle.
• The state government has decided to choose 5 villages which have 4 villages already chosen by the govt under Pilot Project; one more village is included to get profits of Smart Gram Yojana.
• Villagers who live in the state of Jharkhand will be offered with modern age facilities so that their lives can turn better.
• Under the pilot project, the government has decided to select 5 villages.
• 4 Villages have been selected in this. In order to include a village, head, resident or committee of the related village can apply to the Department of Rural Development.
Facilities of Mukhyamantri Smart Gram Yojana
• Under Mukhya Mantri Smart Gram Yojana, the learning Centres of the selected villages will be made smart.
• Most of the work will be paperless in the Panchayat secretariat.
• The agriculture will be created for the benefit of farmers by using progressive technology.
• Funding for this scheme will be taken care separately by the government.