Haryana Acid Attack Victim Compensation Scheme
Under this Relief and Rehabilitation of Women and Children Acid Victims, the state government will provide will provide ad-hoc relief or medical reimbursement and rehabilitation services. Under this scheme, all the victims (girls, women & boys upto 18 years) who have suffered this attack after 2 May 2011 will be eligible for this scheme.
Under this scheme, all the severe acid attack victim will avail the benefits of the free treatment and will be treated in disabled person category. The Medical Board of the concerned district must certify the victim in Disability Category.
Features of Haryana Acid Attack Victim Compensation Scheme
In order to avail the benefits of this scheme, applicants will have to fill an online application by the victim himself or on victim’s behalf where the victim is unable to make an application. Here are the important features and highlights of this scheme –
- Those women applicants who come in the definition of disability avail the benefits of the financial assistance of Rs. 8,000 per month.
- Besides this, the Haryana Government will also ensure that all the female acid attack victims will receive free medical treatment which includes medicine, food, bedding, plastic or reconstructive surgery from any government or government approved hospitals.
- Apart from this, the state government will also give preference to the attack victims in allotment of fair price shops by the Food and Supply Department.
- The Haryana Government will provide a financial assistance of Rs. 1 lakh to the victims within 15 days of such an incident. Besides this, the concerned deputy commissioner will provide Rs. 25,000 as an adhoc relief amount.
- The rest amount i.e. Rs. 75,000 will be given by the Women and Child Dept. within 15 days.
Official website – http://prharyana.gov.in/en/