Gujrat Tops by Constructing 25,873 Houses Under PM Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY)

According to the News, Gujarat is on top in the construction of affordable houses for the urban poor being built under PM Awas Yojana (PMAY) – Urban by completing the construction of 25,873 affordable housing units which is 32% of the total 82,048 houses built in 30 States/UT of the country.

PM Awas Yojana (PMAY) Urban project is launched by the Indian Prime Minister Shri Narender Modi on June 25, 2017 for the benefit of urban poor.

Read More: Apply for PM Awas Yojana

Gujarat is followed by Rajasthan with 10,805 houses, Karnataka with 10,447 houses and Tamil Nadu with 6,940 among other States/UT constructing the house under PMAY (Urban).

Today, the Minister of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Venkaiah Naidu, told Rajya Sabha that the central assistance of up to Rs 1 lakh is provided for each dwelling unit to be built for the benefit of slum dwellers using land as a resource.

Naidu added that under AHP and BLC components, the Centre is providing Rs 1.50 lakh to each beneficiary while interest subsidy of 6.50 per cent is extended under CLSS for LIG and interest subsidy of 3 per cent and 4 per cent under CLSS for Middle Income Groups.

He said that in the last three years, 3.55 lakh houses were constructed for urban poor including those sanctioned under JNNURM as on March 2014.

News Source:

Leave a comment

* - Required fields

Disclaimer & Notice: For your kind information, this website is not an official website for any kind of government scheme and there is not any relation with any Govt. body. Please do not treat this website as the official website and do not leave your personal information on this website such as Aadhaar Number, Contact Details, Address and any other personal information in the comment box. It is very difficult for us to reply to every comment/query and we do not address any complaints regarding any government scheme. All the visitors are requested to visit the official website of the scheme and you can contact the concerned department/authority for any complaint related to the scheme published on the website.