Gujarat Mukhyamantri Nidan Yojana – The State Government had launched Gujarat Mukhyamantri Nidan Yojana Gujarat on 7th April 2016 for providing health services and medical treatment to the people of the state. This scheme was launched to provide health and medical services to the people of the state by utilizing the latest technology. This scheme was launched on the occasion of World Health Day.
Under Mukhyamantri Nidan Yojana Gujarat, many of the health and treatment services are made available for free; whereas some of the services are offered at very affordable cost. Besides this, advanced diagnostic facilities and laboratory tests addressing health issues of its citizens are provided in the state’s government hospitals at free of cost.
For the implementation and distribution of medical tests and diagnostic facilities of the scheme, a total number of 9,156 sub-health centers, 1,342 primary health centers, 331 community health centers, 33 sub districts, 22 district hospitals and 16 medical colleges of the state have been selected.
Read More: Complete List of Gujarat Government Schemes
Key Features of Gujarat Mukhyamantri Nidan Yojana
- The main motto of this scheme is to provide health care at the door step of every citizen of Gujarat.
- However, all the resident of the state can avail the benefit of the scheme, the primary stress is on families living below poverty line, marginalized population and people belonging to weak financial sections in rural and urban slum areas.
- Facilities such as free of cost medical tests for a health screening to its people in government hospitals of the state. Common tests such as blood test, blood group test, urine test, test to diagnose diseases such as jaundice, diabetes, typhoid, kidney etc are being provided under this scheme. Besides this, the scheme is planned gradually add more tests.
- The scheme is funded by state government. It is implemented by Health and Family Welfare Department of the state.
- As after this scheme, all the medical tests are done in government hospitals, therefore, patients will not have to go to private hospitals and make huge expenses for diagnosis.