Launch Of Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana – “Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana”, is the new scheme launched in Odisha by the Chief Minister of Odisha .The scheme has been launched with an aim at improving the sex ratio at birth and child sex ratio in three districts of the state.
The scheme was launched during the birth centenary celebrations of legendary leader Biju Patnaik here at the Secretariat thats why Chief Minister named the scheme as Biju Kanyna Ratan Yojana. The chief minister also unveiled the logo of the scheme during the launch.
Criteria Of Implementation of Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana –
The Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana will be implemented on pilot basis in three districts of the state including the CM’s home district, Ganjam. Total Three states will be are as follows
Reason Behind coosing these three states is very serious as per today statistics the child sex ratio in these three districts has declined to an alarming level.
What will be the Focus of Biju Kanya Ratan Yojana
Under the Biju Kanya Ratna scheme, the state government would focus on all round development of the girl child including their education and health.
Funding Released For Biju Kanya Ratn Yojana
The state government has made a provision of Rs. 3.5 Crore for the scheme.
Key features of Biju Kanya Ratan Scheme-
- The objective the scheme is to improve Sex Ratio at Birth (SRB) and Child Sex Ratio (CSR) in the three districts.
- The scheme will ensure enrolment of girls in elementary education and also track dropout girls from schools besides creating a better environment for them.
- This scheme also includes the provision of toilets for girls in every school
- The CSR in Nayagarh, Angul, Dhenkanal and Ganjam districts had declined from 967 in the 1991 census to 941 in the 2011 census
- It may be noted here that the state presently has 71306 Anganwadi Centres, of which nearly 15000 don’t have own buildings or buildings are under construction.
- Advertisement Banner –